Pages

My wish list for 2017

Last year, this was what I had wished for:

Dear Universe,

All I want for 2016 is no gap between my two front teeth, and the following:

1. To finally see the realization of my goal. (Pending)

2. Travel to at least one place that I've never been to before (especially around the time I want this to happen... The timing is crucial.) (Check. And I went to two new places!)

3. Lots and lots of Thai foot massages. LOTS. (Didn't happen. But I did get a whole lot of full body massages, scrubs and facials)

4. To discover some great new music and artistes. (Didn't happen)

5. Watch some really good films, no make that MINDBLOWING films.(Didn't happen)

6. To get better at writing. I mean really break down barriers, crack open the shell, and come into my own. (Didn't happen)

7. More courage. A whole lot of more courage.(Check!)

8. Confidence. I can't stress this enough.... I really need to be more confident. (Check!)

9. Beef. I just want to sink my teeth into some awesome dead cow, especially melt-in-the-mouth tenderloin. It's been too damn long. (YES! YES! YES! OHHHH YES!)

10. Love. I'm not sure what it is. I have no idea what to do with it. I hate it most of the time because it can be so fleeting and unpredictable. But I am obsessed with it and want it all the same. Just because... (Check. I now know what it is. I know what to do with it. I do not hate it. I LOVE love. I'm still obsessed with it. And I want it because I deserve it. I deserve you.)

11. An endless supply of Jameson, dark dark chocolate, hugs and kisses, mad mad laughter, and all the crazy dreams that keep me alive. (Check!)

12. To never lose focus.(Check!)

The Universe went on to surprise me and also gave me many things in 2016 that were not on this list... Things I did not ask for, things I didn't imagine I could get... but I did, and how! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Here's my wish list for 2017:

1. A cure for Parkinson's

2. To reach my goal.

3. More courage.

4. More confidence.

5. Travel to at least 3 new places.

6. Go home.

7. A heavier bank balance and a lighter conscience.

8. Write. Write. Write.

9. Write some more.

10. Fly... in the face of fear... despite the odds... just fly.

11. Continue to believe. In me. In you. In us.


The Cloudcutter

2 comments: