Pages

Letters at midnight

There is this little place inside you
That I discovered long before you even knew my name.
It drew me to you like the ocean meets the sky,
On indigo blue nights that dance under the crescent moon.
No one else knows about this place but me.
Not even you and your perceptive ways. 
It's where your dreams lie dormant and your wings take shape.
Your flight is a long way off, but its preparation is underway.
And on nights such as this, when you are tucked under the covers
Miles and miles away from me,
That hidden gem inside you beckons
And I know I must dust off these waiting boots 
To make it to your side just in time. 
There are others who may stake claim to your fortune
And demand a share of your impending fame.
But I will stay here and watch as you simmer and shine.
I will stay until you come into your own.
And when it's time for us to enjoy the spoils of this long wait,
I will dissolve into you and take the place
Of the thing that turned you into you.
I will be the placeholder for your next set of dreams.

The Cloudcutter

No comments: