...Then you hop around the room in your underwear.
I'm sick of people confiding in me at the drop of a hat. If I hear another sob story again I will not hesitate from resorting to violence.
I don't know what it is about me that gives people bouts of verbal diarrhea. From weird and kinky sex fantasies and fetishes to your garden variety "nobody loves me" tales, I've heard them all. And most of the time people choose to reveal these delightful pieces of information (like how they secretly hate their kids or how their 80-year-old grandmother is getting it on with the gardener) to me within minutes of our first meeting.
One time this woman introduced herself to me and then 10 minutes later asked me if I counselled people who were going through a bad patch in their marriages. But not before she told me how sex was difficult in the beginning because she married her best friend. I quickly told her that looks were deceptive and that she should never judge a book by its cover. I also cleverly added that my previous attempts to counsel people going through marital discomforts only ended up in divorce courts. She just gave me a blank look and proceeded to tell me that sex is a little easier now but that's only because she closes her eyes and imagines Shahrukh Khan instead of her husband!
And then people complain that I'm so angry at the world all the time. Well, do you blame me?
Then there was this guy who told me he couldn't stand his wife and he was only staying with her because she was so sick all the time and he was just waiting for her to kick the bucket. It was better than divorcing her and having to pay alimony, he said.
Women are always complaining about their husbands. And women are always complaining about their husbands to other women. And somehow I seem to make up for 90% of these other women that they complain to.
Now I'm all for a little bit of crying on shoulders and getting things off chests but I absolutely draw the line at 2 am calls that whine about how "He just doesn't love me anymore. I know because he forgot to buy me a gift for the 3rd anniversary of the day he first saw me in my pink panties."
I hate it when a woman calls me to cry about how her husband is a chauvinistic bastard and shows no respect for her feelings and then hangs up in a hurry because he will be out of the bathroom any minute now and she needs to lay out his socks and underwear.
And then there are those women who just won't stop cribbing. They crib about their husbands, their mothers-in-law, their maids, the woman who styles their hair, the guy who irons their clothes, even some random woman with an unflattering figure and ill-fitting clothes that they saw in a shopping mall. And god help me but these motherfuckin' bitches always have radars that zero in on me. They crib and crib till my ears are about to fall off and then ask me, "What's wrong sweetie? You seem so preoccupied...you're just not yourself today."
I wish to god then that I could just go hang out with a guy and throw back a chilled beer. That's when I remember that I know a guy who launches into full-blown accounts of how his boss doesn't appreciate him and how some guy owes him so much money and how his nose got blocked while bathing and how his car won't start because the petrol that he last filled was adulterated and how the entire country is corrupt and how he wants to get a job abroad but if only his boss appreciated him enough to give him a good letter of recommendation...
Sometimes I really understand the criminal mind and its motives.
About Me
- The Cloudcutter
- Bombay, India
Featured Post
It's been too long, she says. My muse, she waits...
Blogging has been a wonderful refuge for my soul over the past 13 years* ; it's a place I've come to sometimes frequently, some...
Labels
People
(135)
Clouds
(111)
Me
(108)
Declassified
(64)
Pictures
(62)
Nothings
(60)
You
(58)
Unfinished Lives
(51)
Past
(46)
Music
(43)
Reflections
(41)
Food
(36)
Humour
(31)
Dreams
(29)
Movies
(28)
Coming to terms
(22)
Places
(22)
Questions
(21)
Writing
(20)
Rants
(19)
Dad
(18)
Hindi
(9)
Short Story
(9)
Conversations
(8)
Grandpa
(5)
Seven
(3)
First Attempt
(2)
Blog Archive
-
►
2024
(1)
- ► January 2024 (1)
-
►
2023
(3)
- ► September 2023 (1)
- ► February 2023 (2)
-
►
2021
(1)
- ► December 2021 (1)
-
►
2019
(13)
- ► March 2019 (1)
- ► February 2019 (2)
- ► January 2019 (2)
-
►
2018
(33)
- ► December 2018 (1)
- ► October 2018 (7)
- ► September 2018 (5)
- ► August 2018 (3)
- ► April 2018 (1)
- ► March 2018 (6)
- ► February 2018 (3)
-
►
2017
(37)
- ► December 2017 (9)
- ► November 2017 (7)
- ► October 2017 (2)
- ► September 2017 (6)
- ► August 2017 (4)
- ► March 2017 (1)
- ► February 2017 (1)
- ► January 2017 (3)
-
►
2016
(37)
- ► December 2016 (4)
- ► November 2016 (4)
- ► October 2016 (2)
- ► September 2016 (4)
- ► August 2016 (2)
- ► April 2016 (11)
- ► March 2016 (6)
- ► February 2016 (3)
-
►
2015
(71)
- ► December 2015 (3)
- ► November 2015 (5)
- ► October 2015 (6)
- ► September 2015 (13)
- ► August 2015 (2)
- ► April 2015 (8)
- ► March 2015 (3)
- ► February 2015 (15)
-
►
2012
(8)
- ► December 2012 (1)
- ► October 2012 (7)
-
►
2011
(36)
- ► November 2011 (2)
- ► October 2011 (2)
- ► September 2011 (2)
- ► August 2011 (7)
- ► April 2011 (5)
- ► March 2011 (5)
- ► February 2011 (5)
- ► January 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(100)
- ► December 2010 (6)
- ► October 2010 (3)
- ► September 2010 (11)
- ► August 2010 (9)
- ► April 2010 (6)
- ► March 2010 (7)
- ► February 2010 (13)
- ► January 2010 (19)
-
►
2009
(115)
- ► December 2009 (20)
- ► November 2009 (22)
- ► October 2009 (18)
- ► September 2009 (9)
- ► August 2009 (4)
- ► March 2009 (6)
- ► February 2009 (9)
- ► January 2009 (6)
-
►
2008
(30)
- ► November 2008 (6)
- ► October 2008 (3)
- ► April 2008 (5)
- ► March 2008 (3)
- ► February 2008 (1)
-
►
2007
(62)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (6)
- ► September 2007 (6)
- ► August 2007 (13)
- ► March 2007 (2)
- ► January 2007 (4)
-
▼
2006
(11)
- ► April 2006 (1)
- ▼ March 2006 (8)
Popular Posts
-
Yesterday while I was taking a shower, my mind was suddenly flooded with recollections of all the times I've been asked for "writin...
-
You look so good in all shades of blue until one rainy morning I witness white cotton sitting gently on your shoulders bringing out the glo...
-
Last night, while chatting with Marmalade, I typed - "I thought I knew all there is to know about love until I met him." She f...
-
You would always be a force to reckon with I remember the day I decided to put you away for good. The day I wiped you clean w...
-
It happens to everyone. No matter how different you think you are or hope to be, there comes a point when your mouth automatically s...
-
At the threshold of being and becoming As I sit at my worn-out old desk and write, the coffee dregs at the bottom of my chipped ...
-
is when you make a decent chocolate cake for the person you love the most in the world and everyone eats it and loves it and then you decide...
-
Ask any self-respecting Goan, worth his or her weight in coconut, what would they like as their last meal and this is the answer you will ...
-
My parents are visting me and I showed Dad the blog posts I did about Grandpa ( Here and here ). He is very intrigued by this whole "b...
-
And in the end, we will count all the things we didn't do. While other lovers piece together moments to map their memories, we will fli...
3 comments:
ohmigosh!
are you writing about me?
Gee, I like your blog already. At least people will shut up if they know that you'll write all about it in your blog. Ha ha ha...
Lol! Anonymous, you forgot to sign your name. Well, if you got to my blog because I invited you then chances are...no, I wasn't talking about you :) It's just random (and very exaggerated) rants about people who are NOT my friends!
Post a Comment