Pages

Old friends, new friends and the opposite of what you expect.

Just when I was contemplating deleting my profiles from all the idiotic networking sites floating around, I found Vee! It's been a long time indeed, and she has grown! I actually dilly dallied for a couple of days before finally sending her a message. Didn't think she would remember me or want anything to do with an oldie like me! But I was pleasantly surprised! She remembers me vividly and fondly. We caught up over Google Talk and I decided to send her the blog post I'd written on her birthday. Of course, I just copied it into a file and mailed it. Not ready to show her the blog yet. My seriously splintered mind may be too much to handle. I still think of her as my little baby, pristine and innocent. She said she cried while reading it and then went on to read it 5 times! She calls it her priceless treasure. I think I'm finally beginning to believe I can write!

Tomorrow she's going to be here, joining me for lunch and a whole lot of catching up. I hope I manage to cook something palatable through all the anticipation and nervousness. Considering my almost hermit like existence of the past few months, this is huge for me! Not just meeting someone, but also someone from my past and so very special.

The same idiotic networking site also got me in touch with another old friend. He found me actually, even though my profile picture was that of a stray dog sleeping on the road! So it's been a whirlwind of emotion and reminiscing, and all good stuff. Not only do you get to talk to a warm and familiar voice, you also get re-introduced to yourself from 12 to 15 years back. Of course, another face to face meeting is in the offing so bring on the butterflies in the tummy :-)

And finally, today I experienced exactly the opposite of my last post! Maybe it was my hormones acting up, maybe it was just me finally reaching out for help but I decided to confide in two people. Both very different from each other and strangers to one another. One is an old school friend, someone I've known for years but never been close to. A good friend, nevertheless. And the second angel is someone I met just once in a crowded room but felt a connection to anyway. I actually spoke to them about two separate issues and they were both just so wonderful and helpful. I feel so much better just for being brave enough to fight through the tears and say I'm hurting, I need help.

I feel good today, I really do.

The Cloudcutter

No comments: