Bushbabies at the Keyboard
This morning I felt abandoned and it hit me in spurts through the day as my eyes kept tearing up and I looked in the mirror and tried to smile those salt drops away I said I wouldn't think about it today like Scarlett but unlike her I did not wait for tomorrow to make amends I made those calls and found someone new but now I'm worried about that somebody new looking inside my top at 6.15 or 8.45 whichever is convenient and now the Pod on shuffle is freakily playing all the songs he played for me on the guitar really really badly and now he must be playing her the same ones maybe I should send her all the emails he wrote me and maybe she could copy them on her blog like she did that thing he wrote for me that he told me she said she liked that I later found out he lifted from someone somewhere and I can't help but feel sad that Queenie Jo died the way she did in Cameroon the left tyre bursting and flinging her out of the car and breaking all her bones killing her just once and how she always came booming down the stairs and taught us funny songs in the municipal park and looked into my eyes and said you could be a genius if only you applied yourself and now she's gone and I hate that I can't cry or even laugh just some show of human emotion to let me know I'm different from the wheat grass I plan to grow on the windowsill but I'm thinking an aquarium would look better with all the rich colours and the sweet little fish mouths that I cannot buy now because there are just 37 rupees left in the bank and none of it matters because today I finally saw Sheer's face and the radiance that touched me she is beautiful and gorgeous and everything I knew she would be and I wish that my reader from New Jersey would someday write to me sometimes silence is the worst thing and even sadder is thinking about how he deletes my comments everytime I leave them my friend with the blog not the reader from New Jersey who never says a word and I wonder if he or she has ever heard The Fool on the Hill by The Beatles because it's a song that I'm listening to now and really like but not as much as I like the fact that very soon I'll hold the twins in my arms and I really really want them to be girls or even one boy and one girl but I am worried about tingu and how he's going to deal with the divided attention and I must be brave and not cry when the smell of baby powder sweeps over my broken barren heart and makes me wonder what my baby would look like and how she would squeal in big daddy's arms and then maybe I will not feel so sad anymore because thoughts of daddy always make me happy and laugh like we're gonna do this whole entire weekend watching a Laurel & Hardy marathon on the computer and maybe we'll have some of my honey mustard chicken which I think really rocks but maybe not as much as the roast pork they all loved last weekend but I don't think I will ever make again because the taste of spinach sauteed in garlic and tomatoes from this afternoon was just so purely delicious and now I gotta get me some Nina Simone so I can feel complete again and I'm thinking I really have to stop pretend playing Fur Elise before I'm too old to go back and learn the piano and now I'm going to lay in bed and light up an imaginary one because it's a whole year since I quit and this time for good.
About Me
- The Cloudcutter
- Bombay, India
Featured Post
It's been too long, she says. My muse, she waits...
Blogging has been a wonderful refuge for my soul over the past 13 years* ; it's a place I've come to sometimes frequently, some...
Labels
People
(135)
Clouds
(111)
Me
(108)
Declassified
(64)
Pictures
(62)
Nothings
(60)
You
(58)
Unfinished Lives
(51)
Past
(46)
Music
(43)
Reflections
(41)
Food
(36)
Humour
(31)
Dreams
(29)
Movies
(28)
Coming to terms
(22)
Places
(22)
Questions
(21)
Writing
(20)
Rants
(19)
Dad
(18)
Hindi
(9)
Short Story
(9)
Conversations
(8)
Grandpa
(5)
Seven
(3)
First Attempt
(2)
Blog Archive
-
►
2024
(1)
- ► January 2024 (1)
-
►
2023
(3)
- ► September 2023 (1)
- ► February 2023 (2)
-
►
2021
(1)
- ► December 2021 (1)
-
►
2019
(13)
- ► March 2019 (1)
- ► February 2019 (2)
- ► January 2019 (2)
-
►
2018
(33)
- ► December 2018 (1)
- ► October 2018 (7)
- ► September 2018 (5)
- ► August 2018 (3)
- ► April 2018 (1)
- ► March 2018 (6)
- ► February 2018 (3)
-
►
2017
(37)
- ► December 2017 (9)
- ► November 2017 (7)
- ► October 2017 (2)
- ► September 2017 (6)
- ► August 2017 (4)
- ► March 2017 (1)
- ► February 2017 (1)
- ► January 2017 (3)
-
►
2016
(37)
- ► December 2016 (4)
- ► November 2016 (4)
- ► October 2016 (2)
- ► September 2016 (4)
- ► August 2016 (2)
- ► April 2016 (11)
- ► March 2016 (6)
- ► February 2016 (3)
-
►
2015
(71)
- ► December 2015 (3)
- ► November 2015 (5)
- ► October 2015 (6)
- ► September 2015 (13)
- ► August 2015 (2)
- ► April 2015 (8)
- ► March 2015 (3)
- ► February 2015 (15)
-
►
2012
(8)
- ► December 2012 (1)
- ► October 2012 (7)
-
►
2011
(36)
- ► November 2011 (2)
- ► October 2011 (2)
- ► September 2011 (2)
- ► August 2011 (7)
- ► April 2011 (5)
- ► March 2011 (5)
- ► February 2011 (5)
- ► January 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(100)
- ► December 2010 (6)
- ► October 2010 (3)
- ► September 2010 (11)
- ► August 2010 (9)
- ► April 2010 (6)
- ► March 2010 (7)
- ► February 2010 (13)
- ► January 2010 (19)
-
▼
2009
(115)
- ► December 2009 (20)
- ► November 2009 (22)
- ► October 2009 (18)
- ► September 2009 (9)
- ► August 2009 (4)
- ► March 2009 (6)
- ► February 2009 (9)
- ► January 2009 (6)
-
►
2008
(30)
- ► November 2008 (6)
- ► October 2008 (3)
- ► April 2008 (5)
- ► March 2008 (3)
- ► February 2008 (1)
-
►
2007
(62)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (6)
- ► September 2007 (6)
- ► August 2007 (13)
- ► March 2007 (2)
- ► January 2007 (4)
-
►
2006
(11)
- ► April 2006 (1)
- ► March 2006 (8)
Popular Posts
-
Yesterday while I was taking a shower, my mind was suddenly flooded with recollections of all the times I've been asked for "writin...
-
You look so good in all shades of blue until one rainy morning I witness white cotton sitting gently on your shoulders bringing out the glo...
-
Last night, while chatting with Marmalade, I typed - "I thought I knew all there is to know about love until I met him." She f...
-
You would always be a force to reckon with I remember the day I decided to put you away for good. The day I wiped you clean w...
-
It happens to everyone. No matter how different you think you are or hope to be, there comes a point when your mouth automatically s...
-
At the threshold of being and becoming As I sit at my worn-out old desk and write, the coffee dregs at the bottom of my chipped ...
-
is when you make a decent chocolate cake for the person you love the most in the world and everyone eats it and loves it and then you decide...
-
Ask any self-respecting Goan, worth his or her weight in coconut, what would they like as their last meal and this is the answer you will ...
-
My parents are visting me and I showed Dad the blog posts I did about Grandpa ( Here and here ). He is very intrigued by this whole "b...
-
And in the end, we will count all the things we didn't do. While other lovers piece together moments to map their memories, we will fli...
9 comments:
<3
<3
I cant give you a big hug from here which would have so helped.
But I think you deserve better.
Hello Diwakar
Everyone loves a good hug, so thank you very much. And naaah! I don't deserve any better. I'm just standing, like everyone else, at this buffet table we call life and the stuff on my plate is what I've chosen. Although I have this sneaking suspicion that some of it, I might even have cooked myself :-))
@Meggie - Are those hearts? They are cute! And thanks for teaching me something new. I'm so out of it (the whole emoticon bit except for smileys maybe).
they are
little hearts :)
just leaving a little love for you instead of repeating myself ;)
this one is my very own creation
O_O
it means *blank shocked eyes*
;)
Take care, Cloudcutter.
Whenever I read such stuff pouring out of you in a "stream of consciousness" like Faulkner or Joyce, I'd like to console you with Oscar Wilde: "We are all in the gutter. But some of us are looking up ... at the stars."
Cloudcutter, looking up ... at the stars.
Peace and love,
- Joe.
Thank you Joe.
I write because it helps me heal but more importantly, because it keeps me in my element. And even though it's demanding and torturous and utterly frustrating at times, writing is the one thing I truly love above all else.
And to quote the great one back -
"To become the spectator of one's own life is to escape its suffering." From The Picture of Dorian Gray
Good writing. As usual!
I know how you feel about writing. It's all I want to do. Now, I put most of it in my journal / diary [with pages and pen and ink...the handwritten one].
Hey GG! I haven't written in a journal in ages. My handwriting just sucks now, thanks to computers, and my fingers start to hurt! I really should give it a try again though.
How can I possibly say "I love you" without connotations of misguided affection and inappropriateness?
I can only read your blog when I have time and space to really allow your words to seep in.
Humbled. Truly.
But you my dear, are undoubtedly the writer who holds my affection.
I dont care if I sound blasted mushy. Sue me!
Post a Comment