Pages

It's Like Rain On Your Wedding Day...

My hard disk crashed over the weekend and I lost everything. Back-up, you ask?
Well, I recently got this external HDD and backed up all my stuff - word documents, pictures, music, movies, sitcoms, documentaries... everything. Then I dropped it on the floor while it was in use and well... we all know what happens when you drop things that should normally not even be touched with a feather.

Luckily, it was within the warranty period so I got a replacement. But no data recovery! Since the external storage drive was over 5 times the size of the hard disk on my laptop, I obviously had way more stuff on it. So 70% of my junk was lost forever. Now I had this brand new replacement and all I had to do was back up whatever was left on my laptop. Except that I didn't get around to doing that, and in the meantime my ancient 3-year-old 80 gb hard disk dies on me and now I am left with nothing! Talk about irony.

Now I'm working with a resuscitated and revived HDD but not without its share of problems. My touch pad won't work and the cursor has turned schizo on me. In the midst of typing, it happily jumps up, down or across the page and continues from there. You have no idea how long it's taken me to type up this blog post and how charmingly frustrating the whole experience has been!

The Cloudcutter

5 comments:

Meghana Naidu said...

EEEKS! what disaster!
techno-fuckups hurt the most.

i lost a DVD full of my mom's best work with her students. she doesnt know yet, will sadden her immensely :(


and probably you shouldn't bother replying to this, go take a walk or something else thats relaxiing instead ;)

The Cloudcutter said...

Hey Meggie!
It's ok... I'll just start from scratch, might even be fun... just like the rest of my life. Second chances are highly under rated, I realise that more and more each day ;)

Btw I have a real hard time posting comments on your blog. I absolutely loved the poem you posted on July 1 (I am what you seek) and tried leaving this longish comment. But kept getting these error messages.

Meghana Naidu said...

thats a lovely thought! good luck ofcourse :)
i think i might have kinda used up all my second chances, like the mario game lifes :P

thank you :) i was wondering if you'd read it..
the problem is a conflict between IE and blogger.i think you could use firefox or chrome till they sort it out..
id love to hear what you thought ;) so i just hope ur typepad starts behaving..
but
schizo keypad sounds so fun :P

The Cloudcutter said...

Naah!! You can never use up all your second chances.

Dunno whether it's an IE-blogger issue cos it's only on yr blog that I've faced that problem. But I will try again. I remember being able to comment successfully once.

The poem is so fluid and soul stirring. It perfectly reflected the state of my mind at the time of reading. I remember I was watching the rain fall against my window and it sent a chill down my spine.

Ohh... schizo keypad has been cured!

Meghana Naidu said...

ah, now when i hear things like that i feel good! :)

its blogger and a few widgets actually
but aint my blog pretty ;)