Pages

The Bitch Is Back!

I'm not talking about me (although I'm sure a lot of people would disagree!), but the bundle of bitchery that my life used to be a while back. That damn cold (when I get a cold, it's really bad and I mean bad! I once lost 90% of my hearing) just got worse and believe it or not, I am still recovering from it. Thanks to everyone who left get-well-soon wishes on my last post. And those of you who did not - well, thank you too!

I'm on this weird medication that keeps me awake half the night and asleep practically the whole day. I'm sick of the steam inhalation and nose drops and ear drops and god knows what other drops where! To make matters worse, the blocked and infected eustachian tube caused a inner ear balance and triggered off the goddamn vertigo. Yes vertigo, my gift from Santa, except that I get it all year round.

So I woke up around 4 am one morning (which is midnight for me these days) cos I needed to pee and I kept swaying and banging into stuff all the way to the loo and back. For a while there, I thought I was drunk and had forgotten how much I had to drink and where or when. That's really funny cos I hardly ever drink these days. Anyway, that's when the fun part ends cos I couldn't make it all the way back to my bed. I just collapsed in a heap on the floor and then couldn't get up till late the next morning, when my saviour (my domestic help) came 'a' knocking.

Being ill the last couple of weeks also put a dent in my evening walks and morning meditation sessions and I have been feeling all crabby, cranky and neglected. Obviously, my poor folks got the worst of it. Had a huge fight with my Dad this morning, who, in his usual non-confrontational manner, passed the baton on to my mom. I decided I had cried enough for 10 lifetimes and jumped into the shower, wore my favourite perfume, slipped into my sexy shirt (I mean it makes me feel sexy, god knows how I actually look in the damn thing!), put The Hangover OST into my pod and took off. I listened to Right Round in a loop the rest of the day!

Went to the nearest cosy Irani joint and hung out for a bit. While sipping the not-so-good chai I realised that the last time I met my husband was at this place. It was 4 or 5 months back and I looked over at the table that we had sat on and drunk chai and eaten kheema pao. It was empty and two seconds later, so was my mind. I moved on without batting an eyelid. It's as easy as that now, and even though I experience some fleeting moments of fear, I have no regrets. Life is for the living and I couldn't go on like a zombie forever.

Then, for some magazine browsing where the friendly guy running the newstand told me that People, Hello and Forbes magazines are really doing well. The rest, not so much. And we blame the media for focusing too much on glamour and the big life. When it's just a simple case of supply meeting demand. Sad but true. I walked away without buying anything cos I remembered I had to rush to the pharmacist. Later I went and did my bi-monthly household essentials shopping - soap, detergent, toilet cleaners, dishwashing liquids etc etc. It was bloody boring and not to mention bloody expensive. Why I had to go and inherit my mother's cleanliness obssessed genes I'll never know! Every single month my bills go up by 20%. A scarier time I have never lived in.

When I finally got back home and started to put away all the stuff I bought, I had a surprise visitor - Mom! She came over with enough fruit (just love 'em, can't do without 'em!) to last me a good fortnight. And that was the one thing I didnt pick up at the supermarket cos everything was either rotten or too boring. Talk about luck! She left after an hour or so and I walked her to the bus stop. Then I went over to my friends place and decided to take the two lazy little daschunds for a walk.

It was fun at first with the little goons running all over the place and getting their leashes (and me) entangled. Then some firecrackers started going off and the bitch ran into the wrong building. The male dog ran behind her and his collar came off! I thought here goes! The little guy started to run up the stairs while the little bitch went and stuck her head near the lift, crying for it to open! I asked the watchman for some help but guess what... he was scared they would bite! Look at their sizes and look at you Col. Haathi, I felt like saying. Anyway I called out to the lil chappy running up and luckily he obeyed and came running back to me. Somehow managed to get his collar back on but the bitch just would not move. She sat on the floor and refused to budge cos she kept thinking that it was her building!

So I let go of her leash and walked off with the little guy and it worked, she came running behind us! Back home, she was panting like she had just run a marathon. Painful little creatures these small dogs are. But I can't wait to walk them again. What can I say, I am a masochist! And I have ten years of being with one man to prove it!

I finally got my camera working again and I can't wait to go out and shoot stuff. As I've been getting better the last couple of days, I've also been working on a new blog and hopefully, I should have it up and running soon. Wow! I'm feeling good already. I guess the bitch really is back! And this time, I mean me :-))

The Cloudcutter

3 comments:

tarakini said...

supreme...loved the gung ho tone to the whole things...keep it going gurl...

kedar said...

long time since i read a long post this interesting. neat. can't wait to see your new blog.

The Cloudcutter said...

Thanks. Don't get your hopes up too high though ;-)