Pages

Lean, Mean, Noodle-Straightening Machines

Marmalade says the funniest things. Yesterday I showed her a picture of him. And she says, "You always fall for these lean mean types, but then the leanness soon disappears and the meanness stays." I couldn't stop laughing! I told her to relax because he is not someone I've just "fallen" for. He's been that special someone for the longest time and I think, always will be. He doesn't look lean and mean either actually. He's more the gentle, brooding, Heathcliff type (with the most gorgeous brown skin and amazing lips) and the only man who's ever made me go weak in the knees. I swear!

If I hadn't underestimated the importance of sexual chemistry in a relationship way back when, we'd have been together now. Serves me right for burying my head in too much anthroplogy, philosophy and English literature! Anyway I have no regrets now because if I had chosen him then I would have lost out on being with my family, and nothing in the world is worth that. Seriously. I think if you cannot stand by your own flesh and blood, then you will never stand by anyone.

I absolutely love Pink Floyd and really enjoy the music of Led Zeppelin as well, and I've recently fallen in love with Cat Stevens all over again (I just got my hands on every song he's ever recorded!). So imagine my delight when I stumble upon all 3 of them doing a fabulous version of Stairway to Heaven! I only wish I could a hold of the video as well. If anyone out there has it, please oblige :-)

The last couple of days have been really stressful and I don't know what I would have done without much needed life-support, courtesy Marmalade. There's nothing like having an old friend straightening out your noodles when you need it the most. If there's one thing I love about technology, it's the ability that poor lost souls like us now have to connect across millions of miles without too much hassle and damages on the pocket.

So here's to love, life, and noodle straighteners, which, by the way, has been copyrighted by us since college days. (We also have something called the Pepsi-can treatment but that's only for the brave-hearted!) If you want any noodle straightening yourselves, please call us. We're only happy to help. But don't blame us if your noodles end up getting curlier. That sometimes happens :-P

The Cloudcutter

6 comments:

Pat said...

Hi CC! My friend GG (Guyana Gyal)sent me along.
Re that special someone never say never. I parted from MTL(my true love) for 30 years and we have been married now for 30 years in November.
Glad to have found your blog.

Sheer Almshouse said...

As we say in Jamaica... "Good friend better than pocket money."

The Cloudcutter said...

Hello PI, Wow! that is some story. 30 years of separation and then being together for 30. Well, in my case I have to say never because... well, it's complicated ;-)

Sheer - But better than that be good friend who give you pocket money, what say?

Meghana Naidu said...

noodles and marmalade never sounded so great

im so happy you've got 'em both cause i really know how that feels!

more soon
<3
Meg

The Cloudcutter said...

Meggie! Where you been girl?
You know, one of these days I am going to eat noodles WITH marmalade and tell you for sure how it is :-)) I once ate ripe bananas with rice, so how bad can it be... Come to think of it, I don't eat either of them these days, not even separately... sigh!

Meghana Naidu said...

Hi :)

i am the BOSS of weird combinations ;) so that doesn't freak me out at all

and i am not eating either of them anymroe too!

w-e-ee-ird ! he he

BUT im glad you've got marmalade and man that bit about technology, so damn true :)