
Alice in Wonderland. In IMAX 3D.
It's what motion pictures were invented for. What cinema halls were built for. What corn was popped for. What best friends were made for. And what I was born for.
The story may be a far cry from Lewis Caroll's masterpiece and it may have a macabre mood (Tim Burton after all) but it is a fantastic cinematic experience in every sense. And for those who keep comparing it to Disney's 1951 classic, I have this to say - Go back to fucking 1951.
Forget Lucy in the sky with diamonds, watching this movie is the trippiest you could ever get. I want to watch this movie every single day, for the rest of my life. In IMAX 3D. Alice in Underbloodyland!
6 comments:
oh. i totally agree. since i've given up on the happy weed, i decided to drink some copious quantities of rum, and watch the movie. it was wonderful. i didn't mind the deviations, the dark, nothing. i tripped and tripped and grinned and grinned.
Sigh. I should have known I'd need the right sort of company to watch this movie. I've been wanting to watch it, it looks like a right treat!
Ooops I chose An Education.
Dewdrop is right about the company.
i need a 'like' button for this post.
@AGG - I didn't need anything actually, not even the lemon iced tea that I was sipping :-) It's just freakin' awesome!!!
@Dewdrop - Company helps, but don't let the lack of it stop you. Go watch the film. Now!
@Pat - Do try and coax MTL into giving it a try... You must watch it.
@Diwakar - :-)
@AGG Old Monk I say
Post a Comment