Pages

There are things




There are things there are things I think of saying about you, for you, to you

Then in the time that it takes for the red on my wrists to turn into blue

You wield your brush and turn them all into dusty brown flecks on my skin  

There are things there are things I want to do for you, with you, and without you

But in the time that it takes for the sparrow to hop from one branch to the other

You swoop right in and turn them all into a heap of dry leaves on fresh wet grass

There are things there are things I want to keep from you, outside you, beyond you

Then in the time that it takes to rise from between the sheets and disjointed dreams


You float in and descend upon them like slivers of bright white light on dark red floors

There are things there are things I want to hear from you, about us and all that we could be    

Then in the time that it takes for your thoughts to slide right off your fingertips  

You hoard them all inside your mind like precious diamond dust on lonely starless nights

There are things there are things I want for you, for us, forever and until the break of dawn

But in the time that it will take for us to open up just enough to swallow each other’s hearts

It will all turn into stone, a cold hard testimony to wasted time and a love that once was

Even before it had the chance to be the love that is… there are things there are things...

The Cloudcutter

2 comments:

Himanshu Tandon said...

Amazing and mesmerizing.... like always.
The heady concoction that I always expect from your writing now - delivered to perfection.

Wonderful !!! Again... :)

The Cloudcutter said...

Hi Himanshu, Sorry I somehow missed replying to this comment from you! Thanks so much... Gosh, I'm not sure I deserve it but I am so glad to be read and understood by someone I admire as a writer myself :-)