Song on my mind - Out of my Head by Fastball
Watched The Prince of Tides and actually liked it. Should have watched it years ago, or maybe now was the right time. Sometimes the right time is when the scars are so faint that you've forgotten how you got them in the first place. Forgotten.
Read The Kite Runner and I loved it more than anything I have read in a long time. There were times I had to stop reading because I was choking up. But I didn't want to waste time on tears, just wanted to keep turning those raw, emotion laden pages, keep reading and feeling every tiny black word crawl into me. Feeling.
Wrote back to someone I consider a dear friend. There are times you need to take a break because things happen too fast and you're scared that the wonderful moments will soon dissipate. So you freeze time for a bit and then revisit one quiet sunny day and hope that nothing's changed. Hope.
Realised I may have been barking up the wrong tree for a long time, my whole life maybe. I think there's something else I could do, could actually be good and successful at. And I'm willing to give it a shot now, give anything a shot. Now.
About Me
- The Cloudcutter
- Bombay, India
Featured Post
It's been too long, she says. My muse, she waits...
Blogging has been a wonderful refuge for my soul over the past 13 years* ; it's a place I've come to sometimes frequently, some...
Labels
People
(135)
Clouds
(111)
Me
(108)
Declassified
(64)
Pictures
(62)
Nothings
(60)
You
(58)
Unfinished Lives
(51)
Past
(46)
Music
(43)
Reflections
(41)
Food
(36)
Humour
(31)
Dreams
(29)
Movies
(28)
Coming to terms
(22)
Places
(22)
Questions
(21)
Writing
(20)
Rants
(19)
Dad
(18)
Hindi
(9)
Short Story
(9)
Conversations
(8)
Grandpa
(5)
Seven
(3)
First Attempt
(2)
Blog Archive
-
►
2024
(1)
- ► January 2024 (1)
-
►
2023
(3)
- ► September 2023 (1)
- ► February 2023 (2)
-
►
2021
(1)
- ► December 2021 (1)
-
►
2019
(13)
- ► March 2019 (1)
- ► February 2019 (2)
- ► January 2019 (2)
-
►
2018
(33)
- ► December 2018 (1)
- ► October 2018 (7)
- ► September 2018 (5)
- ► August 2018 (3)
- ► April 2018 (1)
- ► March 2018 (6)
- ► February 2018 (3)
-
►
2017
(37)
- ► December 2017 (9)
- ► November 2017 (7)
- ► October 2017 (2)
- ► September 2017 (6)
- ► August 2017 (4)
- ► March 2017 (1)
- ► February 2017 (1)
- ► January 2017 (3)
-
►
2016
(37)
- ► December 2016 (4)
- ► November 2016 (4)
- ► October 2016 (2)
- ► September 2016 (4)
- ► August 2016 (2)
- ► April 2016 (11)
- ► March 2016 (6)
- ► February 2016 (3)
-
►
2015
(71)
- ► December 2015 (3)
- ► November 2015 (5)
- ► October 2015 (6)
- ► September 2015 (13)
- ► August 2015 (2)
- ► April 2015 (8)
- ► March 2015 (3)
- ► February 2015 (15)
-
►
2012
(8)
- ► December 2012 (1)
- ► October 2012 (7)
-
►
2011
(36)
- ► November 2011 (2)
- ► October 2011 (2)
- ► September 2011 (2)
- ► August 2011 (7)
- ► April 2011 (5)
- ► March 2011 (5)
- ► February 2011 (5)
- ► January 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(100)
- ► December 2010 (6)
- ► October 2010 (3)
- ► September 2010 (11)
- ► August 2010 (9)
- ► April 2010 (6)
- ► March 2010 (7)
- ► February 2010 (13)
- ► January 2010 (19)
-
►
2009
(115)
- ► December 2009 (20)
- ► November 2009 (22)
- ► October 2009 (18)
- ► September 2009 (9)
- ► August 2009 (4)
- ► March 2009 (6)
- ► February 2009 (9)
- ► January 2009 (6)
-
►
2008
(30)
- ► November 2008 (6)
- ► October 2008 (3)
- ► April 2008 (5)
- ► March 2008 (3)
- ► February 2008 (1)
-
▼
2007
(62)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (6)
- ► September 2007 (6)
-
▼
August 2007
(13)
- Granny Dearest!
- I've smiled at all the sunny things that could gla...
- The Week in Which I Finally...
- Making the World a Greener Place
- Today's Fortune
- Little Love, Big Love
- The Gurus of Greed
- Now and Then
- What Richard Bach Will Not Tell You
- Note to Myself
- Who's Really Missing?
- If You Have the Answers, I've Got the Questions
- Where is That Damn Hatchet?
- ► March 2007 (2)
- ► January 2007 (4)
-
►
2006
(11)
- ► April 2006 (1)
- ► March 2006 (8)
Popular Posts
-
Yesterday while I was taking a shower, my mind was suddenly flooded with recollections of all the times I've been asked for "writin...
-
You look so good in all shades of blue until one rainy morning I witness white cotton sitting gently on your shoulders bringing out the glo...
-
Last night, while chatting with Marmalade, I typed - "I thought I knew all there is to know about love until I met him." She f...
-
You would always be a force to reckon with I remember the day I decided to put you away for good. The day I wiped you clean w...
-
It happens to everyone. No matter how different you think you are or hope to be, there comes a point when your mouth automatically s...
-
At the threshold of being and becoming As I sit at my worn-out old desk and write, the coffee dregs at the bottom of my chipped ...
-
is when you make a decent chocolate cake for the person you love the most in the world and everyone eats it and loves it and then you decide...
-
Ask any self-respecting Goan, worth his or her weight in coconut, what would they like as their last meal and this is the answer you will ...
-
My parents are visting me and I showed Dad the blog posts I did about Grandpa ( Here and here ). He is very intrigued by this whole "b...
-
And in the end, we will count all the things we didn't do. While other lovers piece together moments to map their memories, we will fli...
7 comments:
Very well written. Especially loved the way you have captured the essence of a whole para into a word, a word pregnant with so much emotion.
I have always found your style of writing very thoughtful, it inspires me to pen down my thoughts too... wish i can do that some day...
Till then, let the inspiration flow...
I'm willing to give it a shot now
"If you can make one heap of all your winnings...And lose, and start again at your beginnings"
the post smells better than fresh coffee. Fresh.
student - Just start writing dude. Start.
??! - Thanks for these lines from If, a poem I've gone back to on many occasions but never learned anything from. Will try now though. Learn.
probe - this post was just a pathetic attempt to make my mundane life seem interesting. And you guys are too kind, as always. Kind.
Good Lord, that's not a comment! It's like an entire encyclopedia stuffed in. Can't believe you had the patience to scroll down after all that and leave a comment. Thank you!
Will check out your article. Btw, have you watched the movie? I still haven't and I'm wondering how good it is...
Phew! Just managed to delete it!
OK, good for you, cos I don't know what you would have done with such a lengthy "comment"... Why do people do that??
No I haven't seen the film yet; I'm not sure I want to, in fact. I've been told it's good, but the boof was so WOW that I'm quite content with it. In a way, I've ALREADY seen the film, if you see what I mean!
yves
Post a Comment