Pages

Son of a Gun

And if I take this guy seriously I would end up sounding like a 70's disco queen! Thank heavens I decided to be "fashionable" and "hang on to my parents' surname." ;)

Here's an excerpt from Sanjay's Dutt interview in yesterday's Mumbai Mirror.

Girls who become part of a new family after marriage must assume their new surname and all the responsibilities that come with it.
That’s a message not just to my sisters, but to all girls who hang on to their parents’ surname. That’s become fashionable these days. But I strongly feel that doing so disrespects the person they have married.
This may sound harsh, but if Maanyata had said she wanted to retain her father’s surname, I would’ve felt offended
.

If he wasn't the son of the admirable Nargis and Sunil Dutt, one of whom I have even had the good fortune of interviewing, I don't think anyone would have given this guy the time of day. It's a good thing for Sanjay that men don't have to change their surnames when they marry. With his track record, not only would he have to change his surname several times over, he would still be rotting in some jail as an undertrial. I don't see people falling over themselves to free a Sharma, Pillai or whatever the hell Maanyata's maiden surname is anyway. (Is that even her real name?)

And so a whole bunch of Munnabhai fans will probably go and waste their votes on yet another fading star trying hard to cash in on past glory. And this one has been in possession of illegal weapons and may even have been connected to one of the worst acts of terror our country has witnessed. I'd rather vote for Raju Hirani!

The Cloudcutter

No comments: