Pages

If all writing is a process of elimination then living must be a process of
accumulation. We gather and live in order to write and eliminate.

Sometimes though, living itself becomes a process of elimination. We trudge through life discarding; things, people, relationships, ideas. Then we accumulate it all and sit down to write about it.

The Cloudcutter

6 comments:

mentalie said...

and when we're done writing will there be nothing left?

Himanshu Tandon said...

True...
Been a while, how are you doing CC?

Pat said...

That's true. When something not very good happens there is always the comfort of writing about it.

Joe Pinto said...

My dear CC,

Off my blog since the first week of October 2009, I know exactly what you mean by "elimination in writing" and "accumulation in living".

I only wish I could write about the process in the few words you have used.

Thank you, CC.

Peace and love,
- Joe.

Guyana-Gyal said...

Who was it that said, fiction is real life without the boring bits?

CoherentBlah said...

Tell me, why is it that after reading your posts, I run out of words for the comment box? My only verbiage remains - BEA-utiful:)