Sorry, but I just could not resist posting this email forward. It's absolutely hilarious! Besides, I'm dead beat from house hunting and have no energy to write a fresh post. Enjoy reading, and have a great weekend.
These are from a book called Disorder in the American Courts, and are things people have actually said in court, word for word, taken down and now published by court reporters who had the torment of staying calm while these exchanges were actually taking place.
ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?
WITNESS: Yes.
ATTORNEY: And in what ways does it affect your memory?
WITNESS: I forget...
ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?
___________________________________________
ATTORNEY: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in voodoo?
WITNESS: We both do.
ATTORNEY: Voodoo?
WITNESS: We do.
ATTORNEY: You do?
WITNESS: Yes, voodoo.
____________________________________________
ATTORNEY: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?
WITNESS: Did you actually pass the bar exam?
____________________________________
ATTORNEY: The youngest son, the twenty-year-old, how old is he?
WITNESS: He's twenty, much like your IQ.
___________________________________________
ATTORNEY: Were you present when your picture was taken?
WITNESS: Are you shitting me?
_________________________________________
ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?
WITNESS: Yes.
ATTORNEY: And what were you doing at that time?
WITNESS: getting laid
____________________________________________
ATTORNEY: She had three children, right?
WITNESS: Yes.
ATTORNEY: How many were boys?
WITNESS: None.
ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?
WITNESS: Your Honor, I think I need a different attorney. Can I get a new
attorney?
____________________________________________
ATTORNEY: How was your first marriage terminated?
WITNESS: By death.
ATTORNEY: And by whose death was it terminated?
WITNESS: Take a guess.
____________________________________________
ATTORNEY: Can you describe the individual?
WITNESS: He was about medium height and had a beard.
ATTORNEY: Was this a male or a female?
WITNESS: Unless the Circus was in town I'm going with male.
_____________________________________
ATTORNEY: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?
WITNESS: No, this is how I dress when I go to work...
______________________________________
ATTORNEY: Doctor, how many of your autopsies have you performed on
dead people?
WITNESS: All of them. The live ones put up too much of a fight.
_________________________________________
ATTORNEY: ALL your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you
go to?
WITNESS: Oral.
_________________________________________
ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?
WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.
ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?
WITNESS: If not, he was by the time I finished.
____________________________________________
ATTORNEY: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?
WITNESS: Are you qualified to ask that question?
______________________________________
ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?
WITNESS: No, I just lie there.
____________________________________________
And the best for last:
ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check
for a pulse?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
ATTORNEY: I see, but could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law
About Me
- The Cloudcutter
- Bombay, India
Featured Post
It's been too long, she says. My muse, she waits...
Blogging has been a wonderful refuge for my soul over the past 13 years* ; it's a place I've come to sometimes frequently, some...
Labels
People
(135)
Clouds
(111)
Me
(108)
Declassified
(64)
Pictures
(62)
Nothings
(60)
You
(58)
Unfinished Lives
(51)
Past
(46)
Music
(43)
Reflections
(41)
Food
(36)
Humour
(31)
Dreams
(29)
Movies
(28)
Coming to terms
(22)
Places
(22)
Questions
(21)
Writing
(20)
Rants
(19)
Dad
(18)
Hindi
(9)
Short Story
(9)
Conversations
(8)
Grandpa
(5)
Seven
(3)
First Attempt
(2)
Blog Archive
-
►
2024
(1)
- ► January 2024 (1)
-
►
2023
(3)
- ► September 2023 (1)
- ► February 2023 (2)
-
►
2021
(1)
- ► December 2021 (1)
-
►
2019
(13)
- ► March 2019 (1)
- ► February 2019 (2)
- ► January 2019 (2)
-
►
2018
(33)
- ► December 2018 (1)
- ► October 2018 (7)
- ► September 2018 (5)
- ► August 2018 (3)
- ► April 2018 (1)
- ► March 2018 (6)
- ► February 2018 (3)
-
►
2017
(37)
- ► December 2017 (9)
- ► November 2017 (7)
- ► October 2017 (2)
- ► September 2017 (6)
- ► August 2017 (4)
- ► March 2017 (1)
- ► February 2017 (1)
- ► January 2017 (3)
-
►
2016
(37)
- ► December 2016 (4)
- ► November 2016 (4)
- ► October 2016 (2)
- ► September 2016 (4)
- ► August 2016 (2)
- ► April 2016 (11)
- ► March 2016 (6)
- ► February 2016 (3)
-
►
2015
(71)
- ► December 2015 (3)
- ► November 2015 (5)
- ► October 2015 (6)
- ► September 2015 (13)
- ► August 2015 (2)
- ► April 2015 (8)
- ► March 2015 (3)
- ► February 2015 (15)
-
►
2012
(8)
- ► December 2012 (1)
- ► October 2012 (7)
-
►
2011
(36)
- ► November 2011 (2)
- ► October 2011 (2)
- ► September 2011 (2)
- ► August 2011 (7)
- ► April 2011 (5)
- ► March 2011 (5)
- ► February 2011 (5)
- ► January 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(100)
- ► December 2010 (6)
- ► October 2010 (3)
- ► September 2010 (11)
- ► August 2010 (9)
- ► April 2010 (6)
- ► March 2010 (7)
- ► February 2010 (13)
- ► January 2010 (19)
-
▼
2009
(115)
- ► December 2009 (20)
-
▼
November 2009
(22)
- The Sexy Time!
- FYI
- Thorn in my mind
- Spilt Milk
- Shiny Crystal Ball
- Why I Love Men
- Proof!
- Tomorrow's Menu
- The Single Truth
- That's how you came here, like a starwithout a nam...
- Sometimes you gotta start clean, You gotta begin, ...
- Selamat Datang!
- I Am Not Sad
- Empty Oyster
- Coffee-shop nothings, and a bit of bliss
- A Thousand Words, and More...
- Grandpa's Days and Nights
- Court Quotes
- Baby Come Back
- Blogger's Heart
- Presenting CC Chronicles' first and, might I add, ...
- Nine Hundred Nights of Solitude
- ► October 2009 (18)
- ► September 2009 (9)
- ► August 2009 (4)
- ► March 2009 (6)
- ► February 2009 (9)
- ► January 2009 (6)
-
►
2008
(30)
- ► November 2008 (6)
- ► October 2008 (3)
- ► April 2008 (5)
- ► March 2008 (3)
- ► February 2008 (1)
-
►
2007
(62)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (6)
- ► September 2007 (6)
- ► August 2007 (13)
- ► March 2007 (2)
- ► January 2007 (4)
-
►
2006
(11)
- ► April 2006 (1)
- ► March 2006 (8)
Popular Posts
-
Yesterday while I was taking a shower, my mind was suddenly flooded with recollections of all the times I've been asked for "writin...
-
You look so good in all shades of blue until one rainy morning I witness white cotton sitting gently on your shoulders bringing out the glo...
-
Last night, while chatting with Marmalade, I typed - "I thought I knew all there is to know about love until I met him." She f...
-
You would always be a force to reckon with I remember the day I decided to put you away for good. The day I wiped you clean w...
-
It happens to everyone. No matter how different you think you are or hope to be, there comes a point when your mouth automatically s...
-
At the threshold of being and becoming As I sit at my worn-out old desk and write, the coffee dregs at the bottom of my chipped ...
-
is when you make a decent chocolate cake for the person you love the most in the world and everyone eats it and loves it and then you decide...
-
Ask any self-respecting Goan, worth his or her weight in coconut, what would they like as their last meal and this is the answer you will ...
-
My parents are visting me and I showed Dad the blog posts I did about Grandpa ( Here and here ). He is very intrigued by this whole "b...
-
And in the end, we will count all the things we didn't do. While other lovers piece together moments to map their memories, we will fli...
4 comments:
Thanks for the chuckles:)
Chuckles!! I almost fell off my bludy chair!!
Wot men G, reading this at 1 a.m. you can't imagine how hard it was to LMAO without waking everybody up!
hahahahaha....
:D
what pieces of absolute fun!!
This certainly was hilarious.
Post a Comment