Pages

Love comes back

I’ve learned to leave the door ajar now each time love walks out. I’ve begun to make sure that my heart stays open whenever love takes off on a vacation. Sometimes, there’s a note saying ‘Goodbye’ or ‘I’ll be back soon’. And sometimes, there’s just the dust settling down after a storm or a white vacuum of despair. But I know better than to lock myself in because love always comes back. It returns to take its rightful place and put you back on your pedestal. It returns to put the paint back on your canvas and retrieve that last bit of wick to light your candle. Love comes back to help you slip into your dancing shoes once again and unpack your dreams. And when it does, you find yourself more in tune with yourself than you ever were. In time, you realize that the love you want and the love you need are one, and when it returns, it will slice through all your inhibitions and fears like a double-edged sword. Love does come back. Always.

The Cloudcutter

No comments: