Useless Fact #1
I cannot wink my left eye.
Useless Fact #2
I can raise the left corner of my upper lip in manner of vamps from Hindi movies of yesteryears or heroines of today. Same thing, no?
Useless Fact #3
I can cook almost anything under the sun but still cannot make perfectly round and soft rotis.
Useless Fact #4
I love spicy food but my body immediately reacts with hiccups. I take a break and drink lots of water and get right back to it. It happens with pani puri too. I LOVE pani puri but get hiccups EVERY TIME I eat them!
Useless Fact #5
I cannot mentally compute complicated digits like 127 + 69 and still use the “donkey method” to multiply. These days my cell phone’s calculator feature has made life easier for me.
Useless Fact #6
I can remember names better than faces.
Useless Fact #7
I’m partly dyslexic and often say (and sometimes write) wrong for right, up for down, in for out, left for right. Many an auto-rickshaw driver has attempted to throw me out of a moving vehicle during rush hour traffic.
Useless Fact #8
I find it difficult to look at parts of a composite image to make out the whole. I need to look at the whole thing to understand what it is.
Useless Fact #9
While writing exams as a student I would close my eyes and try to picture the exact spot on the page that had the answer, to recollect it.
Useless Fact #10
As a student I also had the uncanny ability to predict questions that would be asked during exams. I was always hounded by fellow students a couple of hours before the exams. I could even predict questions for those who were in higher classes.
Thanks to this ability, I never needed to complete the entire portion and would only study enough to get me by.
Useless Fact #11
I find it easier to hug men than women. I think it’s because I find it easier to hug my dad. I am never comfortable hugging my mom when it’s time to leave.
Useless Fact #12
I can never a watch a movie mid-way, or 20 minutes or even 5 minutes after it’s begun. I always feel like I don’t know something, like something’s missing and cannot concentrate on the rest.
Useless Fact #13
I can never fall asleep on my back. I have to turn on my stomach and sleep with one arm under my head.
Useless Fact #14
I talk a LOT in my sleep but it’s all gibberish and no one understands what I say. My husband now claims to understand a few words and has discovered the delights of blackmail.
Useless Fact #15
I dream a LOT; always and every time I sleep, even if it is just a 15 minute nap. My dreams never make sense and most of the time I cannot remember them. When I do recollect anything it freaks me out and scares me shitless.
Useless Fact #16
No matter how much time I have to submit some work; I can only start working at the end. I work better with a deadline looming over my head and I can only work from start to finish.
Useless Fact #17
90% of my poems are written in under 10 minutes. Most of the times I don’t know what I’m going to write about until I sit down and start the first few words.
Useless Fact #18
The same thing happened when I wrote my first short story (if you don’t count the crap I wrote during the English exams in school and college). I had no clue what it was going to be about until I wrote the first line. I finished it at one go (took me about 50 minutes), making only a few minor changes here and there (mostly correcting spelling mistakes). Now you know why I’m never going to be published!
Useless Fact #19
I often remember songs that I really liked at one point but I have no clue how the lyrics go. Sometimes I don’t even remember the names of the songs or the singers but if I ever hear them again, everything comes back. For instance, I’m trying to remember the name of a Depeche Mode song that used to air maybe 7-8 years ago. The video had the band playing at some shady nightclub and getting cheated of their money at the end.
Useless Fact #20
I cry at the silliest and soppiest things in movies, TV serials and even TV commercials. No matter how many times I watch Steel Magnolias or Stepmom, I always cry. The same goes for the Hindi movie Masoom and countless others!
About Me
- The Cloudcutter
- Bombay, India
Featured Post
It's been too long, she says. My muse, she waits...
Blogging has been a wonderful refuge for my soul over the past 13 years* ; it's a place I've come to sometimes frequently, some...
Labels
People
(135)
Clouds
(111)
Me
(108)
Declassified
(64)
Pictures
(62)
Nothings
(60)
You
(58)
Unfinished Lives
(51)
Past
(46)
Music
(43)
Reflections
(41)
Food
(36)
Humour
(31)
Dreams
(29)
Movies
(28)
Coming to terms
(22)
Places
(22)
Questions
(21)
Writing
(20)
Rants
(19)
Dad
(18)
Hindi
(9)
Short Story
(9)
Conversations
(8)
Grandpa
(5)
Seven
(3)
First Attempt
(2)
Blog Archive
-
►
2024
(1)
- ► January 2024 (1)
-
►
2023
(3)
- ► September 2023 (1)
- ► February 2023 (2)
-
►
2021
(1)
- ► December 2021 (1)
-
►
2019
(13)
- ► March 2019 (1)
- ► February 2019 (2)
- ► January 2019 (2)
-
►
2018
(33)
- ► December 2018 (1)
- ► October 2018 (7)
- ► September 2018 (5)
- ► August 2018 (3)
- ► April 2018 (1)
- ► March 2018 (6)
- ► February 2018 (3)
-
►
2017
(37)
- ► December 2017 (9)
- ► November 2017 (7)
- ► October 2017 (2)
- ► September 2017 (6)
- ► August 2017 (4)
- ► March 2017 (1)
- ► February 2017 (1)
- ► January 2017 (3)
-
►
2016
(37)
- ► December 2016 (4)
- ► November 2016 (4)
- ► October 2016 (2)
- ► September 2016 (4)
- ► August 2016 (2)
- ► April 2016 (11)
- ► March 2016 (6)
- ► February 2016 (3)
-
►
2015
(71)
- ► December 2015 (3)
- ► November 2015 (5)
- ► October 2015 (6)
- ► September 2015 (13)
- ► August 2015 (2)
- ► April 2015 (8)
- ► March 2015 (3)
- ► February 2015 (15)
-
►
2012
(8)
- ► December 2012 (1)
- ► October 2012 (7)
-
►
2011
(36)
- ► November 2011 (2)
- ► October 2011 (2)
- ► September 2011 (2)
- ► August 2011 (7)
- ► April 2011 (5)
- ► March 2011 (5)
- ► February 2011 (5)
- ► January 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(100)
- ► December 2010 (6)
- ► October 2010 (3)
- ► September 2010 (11)
- ► August 2010 (9)
- ► April 2010 (6)
- ► March 2010 (7)
- ► February 2010 (13)
- ► January 2010 (19)
-
►
2009
(115)
- ► December 2009 (20)
- ► November 2009 (22)
- ► October 2009 (18)
- ► September 2009 (9)
- ► August 2009 (4)
- ► March 2009 (6)
- ► February 2009 (9)
- ► January 2009 (6)
-
►
2008
(30)
- ► November 2008 (6)
- ► October 2008 (3)
- ► April 2008 (5)
- ► March 2008 (3)
- ► February 2008 (1)
-
▼
2007
(62)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (6)
- ► September 2007 (6)
- ► August 2007 (13)
-
▼
July 2007
(15)
- All You (and an Entire African Nation) Can Eat!
- Three Things
- Happy Birthday Vee!
- Poet of Pain
- PMS* Around Me
- What It Takes
- Lines from Yesterday's Movie Marathon
- Climb Into My Head...Or Not
- My Response
- In Which I Nearly Moved to the Honduras
- Cloudy Mush
- I Want Telephone Number of Mr. Sting!
- Cute kid, right?Yeah right! This was a kid I follo...
- When Aberdeen Changed for Miss C and Other Tales
- 20 Useless Facts About Me
- ► March 2007 (2)
- ► January 2007 (4)
-
►
2006
(11)
- ► April 2006 (1)
- ► March 2006 (8)
Popular Posts
-
Yesterday while I was taking a shower, my mind was suddenly flooded with recollections of all the times I've been asked for "writin...
-
You look so good in all shades of blue until one rainy morning I witness white cotton sitting gently on your shoulders bringing out the glo...
-
Last night, while chatting with Marmalade, I typed - "I thought I knew all there is to know about love until I met him." She f...
-
It happens to everyone. No matter how different you think you are or hope to be, there comes a point when your mouth automatically s...
-
You would always be a force to reckon with I remember the day I decided to put you away for good. The day I wiped you clean w...
-
At the threshold of being and becoming As I sit at my worn-out old desk and write, the coffee dregs at the bottom of my chipped ...
-
is when you make a decent chocolate cake for the person you love the most in the world and everyone eats it and loves it and then you decide...
-
Ask any self-respecting Goan, worth his or her weight in coconut, what would they like as their last meal and this is the answer you will ...
-
My parents are visting me and I showed Dad the blog posts I did about Grandpa ( Here and here ). He is very intrigued by this whole "b...
-
And in the end, we will count all the things we didn't do. While other lovers piece together moments to map their memories, we will fli...
4 comments:
Re:
Fact 10: you're lucky you didn't go through what Dirk Gently did.
Fact 15: Be thankful you're not a lucid dreamer.
Fact 17,18: Those are the best kind.
Fact 19: Depeche Mode?? Why??!
Ok, thanks to you I now know who Dirk Gently is.
And Depeche Mode...well I am clearly not a fan or else I would have remembered. But there was something about that video and song...had a haunting quality. I wish I could remember, listen to it again and then get over it...dammit!
Some of those traits are 'borderline autistic' (that phrase is fashionable in this town these days)
Wow! Now I know which category of "special" people I fit into ;-)
Post a Comment