Pages

the corrosive effects of mid-night blogging

most nights i have the radio on until 2 am.

yes, i love music.

but sometimes it's just a way to kill the deathly silence.

there is only so much i can talk to myself.

someone once said this to me,

unless you have someone whose life is linked to yours, it gets very tough.

you know what? that guy was right.

there is no one who depends on me or whom i depend upon.

there is not one single person who cannot get through the day without talking to me, including my parents. they have each other.

there is not a single person i can talk to at 3 am just because...

and there is not a single person who listens to me breathing.

why am i telling you all this?

i figure if you come here time and again, several times a day, day after day, you must have a reason.

and i'd just like to give you something to read while you're here.

so you can leave once again without saying anything.

and go back to your water cooler and laugh about what i've written.

or cry.

whatever's your fancy.

but i have my bets on the former.


P.S. Yes, I'm sad. But not all the time. Tomorrow I'll wake up and have a nice day. Then I'll come back home, rinse and repeat the cycle. No, there's nothing you can do. Hell, at this point, there's nothing even I can do.

The Cloudcutter

10 comments:

Grace Personified said...

*hugs* this, I can do.

Pat said...

Night night. Sleep tight and I hope the bugs don't bite;)

Ha Ha! Word verification is auloused.

The Cloudcutter said...

@Grace - This I can accept :-) Thank you!

@Pat - I'm all woken up now and you must be fast asleep, braving that cold spell you've been having.
Just now as I was signing in to check my comments, I typed the loud cutter by mistake :-) Makes sense actually, a cutter must be loud?

Anonymous said...

Deja vu, this is. :-)

But it will pass, that I know.

--Hyde.

DewdropDream said...

Aw man! I hate to see people sad. Specially when I think they're nice and do not deserve to be sad. *hug*. That okay?

I hope you find peace and happiness. And I hope even more fervently that you find them soon :)

BlueMist said...

A hug coming your way. and what about those conversations in head. Call me weird but I prefer to me myself with conversations in head and other stuff than some meaningless company. Did you check tulips bloomed in my place ? You will love them. :-)

Diwakar Sinha said...

as long as we can connect with you, we'll keep returning, as long as you write about yourself and it again almost felt like you were me

Sheer Almshouse said...

That is the beauty of saddness. It colours our lives and gives us perspective. I say this to you because you know darn well that it will pass and you have at least parts, if not much much more of sheer joy to temper the moments of the mean reds which every self-respecting creative must have.

The Cloudcutter said...

Thank you all. Consider this a big, warm hug to each of you.

k said...

Beautiful to read. Ugly to live.