
I used to be quite a sickly child and was always in and out of the hospital. During these times, my Dad was my constant companion. I would be admitted into the Male Ward so that Dad could spend the night with me. During the day, when Daddy had to work, my Avo (mom's father) would take over and keep me company.
Then there were those times when I didn't need to be hospitalised and was just down with a nasty cold. Being a small child, I guess, the colds and coughs were always accompanied by high fevers. Again, Daddy would stay home as far as possible to tend to me. Everytime someone called on the phone, I would gesture to him to tell the person at the other end of the line that I was sick! (Yes, drama queen...)
I remember Dad taking me in his arms and holding me very tight when the fever got too high.
"I can't breathe Daddy, don't hold me so tight," I would cry.
"No love, I'm holding you tight so that I can take your fever away." Dad would explain.
"But then you will also get the boo-boo Daddy."
"Yes, but I'm big and strong and can take it."
I always remember this whenever I don't feel too well. I miss Dad and Mom a lot when I'm sick but these days, I don't let them know. They worry too much and end up becoming ill themselves.
But late at night, when I'm feeling cold and feverish and coughing and sneezing and blowing out so much snot that my ear drums feel like they will burst, I really miss Dad holding me tight trying to take the fever away from me. I think sometimes in my delirium I must be calling out to him!
It's a good thing I sleep alone. When will I grow up?
P.S. I'm feeling a lot better today, so don't worry about me.
8 comments:
hey you make us all feel so worried and then say don't worry about me :)
We were talking about you and wondering how you were while munching rolls last night.
I'll just say five words which will jump start you on the path of recovery: Kamling's roast pork and onions
I hope you really are on the mend and speaking as a Mum and Gran I always want to know how they are - especially if something's wrong. How else can I put it right? Well I can't always of course but I have a hot line to a Great Fixer.
@Knife - Sorry! But really, don't worry. It's bad but it's just a cold and it will go away in a couple of days. Kamling here I come!
@Pat - I am sweetheart, been taking meds and following home remedies like a good girl. Also, Dad just called and could tell from my voice instantly. Now he's fretting!
Oh G!
take care of yourself
<3
Growing up sucks. But please take care. Cheers.
TLC.
Dear All-Night Snot Blower
Here's blowing a kiss to you
- wife of knife
@Meggie, BM - Thank you so much.
@K - Me caught your lovely kiss sweetheart :-) You, my dear, are life of knife! LOVE you.
so C, Knife and life/ wife of knife are rezala buddies now?
Post a Comment