
So it's my birthday today. I'm 36! Still don't believe it.
I remember thinking, 10-15 years ago, that 36 must be as old as the hills.
Now that I'm here, I don't feel that way at all. In my head, I'm still young. Childish even ;-)
I've never done a birthday post before. I'm not sure what to say. I don't even think I should be attempting one actually. I didn't sleep much last night (2.5 hours I think), and I've been up since 8.30 am and only just managed to have a mug of coffee. It's 11 am.
Tick tock. Tick tock. I have to leave in a bit.
Maybe I'll come back later and write...
Till then, here's a song that I love. I think it's the most romantic song ever and I've dedicated it to myself :-)
Brown-eyed Girl by Van Morrison
Hey where did we go,
Days when the rains came
Down in the hollow,
Playin' a new game,
Laughing and a running hey, hey
Skipping and a jumping
In the misty morning fog with
Our hearts a thumpin' and you
My brown eyed girl,
You my brown eyed girl.
Whatever happened
To Tuesday and so slow
Going down the old mine
With a transistor radio
Standing in the sunlight laughing,
Hiding behind a rainbow's wall,
Slipping and sliding
All along the water fall, with you
My brown eyed girl,
You my brown eyed girl.
Do you remember when we used to sing,
Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da
So hard to find my way,
Now that I'm all on my own.
I saw you just the other day,
My how you have grown,
Cast my memory back there, Lord
Sometime I'm overcome thinking 'bout
Making love in the green grass
Behind the stadium with you
My brown eyed girl
You my brown eyed girl
Do you remember when we used to sing
Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da.
P.S. That was my cake last year, when my friends threw me a birthday bash in Poona! Yes, it does say Happy Birthday "Lower" (i.e. Lover) :-)
10 comments:
... Next year :)
Word verification reads 'ingoa' LOL
Happy Birthday :)
once again everybody...happy birthday to you happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you.... :)
Happy Birthday! I think this is the one month I don't have a birthday to remember so you have filled the gap;)
U an Aquarian.... I had a inkling:)))) Happy birthday CC
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear CC
Happy Birthday to you
...may you have many more....
god bless:))
Thank you all so much. Wish I could just hug you all! Lots and lots of love...
I LOVA the cake-ah!
Happy birthday my lovely friend. May your year be filled with all that is good and wonderful! Laughs, love, joy, prosperity, contentment, good health, and some dry dry humour to take you through the rough days :) or at least a few dry martinis.
@Sheer - Thank you love! The dry humour and martinis are much needed :D
A Belated Happy Birthday Wish :))
from a new friend :))
Wishing the best of life, love and happiness to last all your lifetimes..
Dear CC, accept my belated birthday wishes.
Post a Comment